Last week when I was trying to enable the windows firewall protection, the error 1068 appeared in windows 7. There is the error message like “The dependency service or group failed to start”. This error is quite different from Error code 43 on windows 7. Here are some tips that can be helpful for you:-
Start Dependent Services for Windows Firewall:- To enable firewall, you need to run two services named network connection and windows management instrument. If the Error 1068 in Windows 7 is appearing while turning on the Firewall, then these two services might be stopped, and need to be re-started.
Any error or false information in registry files (in network and print spooling related paths) may also cause the Error 1068 in windows 7. You must use a registry cleaner to fix the problems in your registry. For cleaning the web browser cache, you require the same software.
You can also try these below steps to fix the error:-
1. Click Start button.
2. Type MsConfig, and press ENTER.
3. Click Services tab.
4. You need to check that the following services should be checked for running at the Windows startup:
• Network Locations Awareness (NLA)
• Network Connections
• Application Layer Gateway Service
• Plug and Play
• Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Remote Access Connection Manager
5. Mark the above services as checked.
6. Click Apply.
7. Now restart your systm.